Monday, November 3, 2014

[driver roll up the partition plea$e;

The other day on Facebook I saw a video of a celebrity dancing to the song, "Partition" by Beyonce. I grew to love the song and wanted to do a car themed shoot. 




I knew exactly who I wanted to model in it. 

Meet Shawn.


Shawn is a 42 year old mother of 3, antique business owner. She's also the best friend I could ever ask for. Words can't even begin to describe how wonderful a person she is. You'd just have to meet her for yourself. :) I knew she was the girl for this car themed shoot. Not only because she's beautiful, but because she loves cars! Also, her boyfriend had an amazing car that we used that you'll see in the finished photos below. 

It was a beautiful day! 70 degrees. At one point, I regretted wearing a sweatshirt. Anyhow, I'm thankful the weather was beautiful, because in Shawn and I's first shoot it was about 20 degrees at most and she will never let me live it down. I remember texting her that morning saying, "70 degrees!" She replied, "you sure you don't want to reschedule?" Haha! 




One of Shawn and I's biggest struggles in starting a shoot is agreeing on an outfit. We both have ideas, have our arguments, I say I don't like her outfit, but we end up using it and everyone (including me, which I must admit) love it! I knew I wanted her to be in high heels and skinny jeans and we found a neat bandeau, tank top combo for her top. Well, when I say we, I really mean her. 

Starting that morning, I went to church with her. She lives about 25 minutes away from her church and upon arriving at church, I gasped. I said, "I forgot my camera at your house!" What photographer forgets their camera when they have a photoshoot? Me. So, we had to go home after church and get the camera. Which set us back an hour. 

We got to the car finally, and drove it out to a clearing in the country and starting photographing. We had to ask her boyfriend to move the car a few times to get the shot I had in mind, and we tried extra careful to not get his car TOO dirty. One of the photos, I had her prop her foot up on the grill of the car, and she used an alcohol wipe to rest her foot on so she didn't dirty the car. Priorities :) I have to admit it was funny seeing her go from the front seat to the backseat in heels. Quite the workout. Luckily, none of the cows in the pasture across the road showed up in the background of the photos! 

After we finished up, we stopped and visited a friend of her boyfriends. We found this glove and jacket hanging out of his car door. It's a horrid photo, but I snapped it quick when Shawn said, "Alyssa, get a photo of this. This looks like how our photoshoots usually end up." Haha! :) 



Finally, the finished product. Enjoy! :)















For the full album, please visit my page on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coveyou-Photography/308094059213009

Until then,
adventure awaits :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment